Monday, August 20, 2007

Enemies List

Monday, August 20, 2007

I now have an enemies list. Population: Jack’s Bistro
Category: Food and Restaurants

So I went to Jack's Bistro this weekend. Nice spot, interesting menu, sub-par service and then it all went horribly wrong. I ordered the tuna, pan seared, smashed potatoes, snap berry sauce. SO I'll be the first to admit, I don't know what a snapping berry is, but I assumed it was, indeed, a berry.

Nope. The meal arrives and it is crackling. I taste it and the sauce is made with pop rocks. Long story short, it was the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth and I have put some very disgusting things in my mouth.

Imagine the bold flavor of pop rocks and the creamy texture of fine tuna.

I ate one bite and sent it back. When the bill arrived, it was still on there. Keep in mind, our parties bill was over $500.

When I asked if it could be removed, the waitress said, "I don't want to get into the middle of this, I'm going to get the manager." Huh?

So the manager tells us that the policy is not to take anything off the check. She goes on to say, "I'm sorry you don't like pop rocks, but I'm allergic to nuts and I always make sure to ask, if there are nuts in something before I order it."

Sooo, you're saying I should have asked, "Are there any pop rocks in the tuna? I was thinking about a burger, are there milk duds in that? How about live leprechauns? I don't eat live leprechauns. Are there any in the cheese soup?"

I was condescended to and will never return. I urge you to do the same. The service had been sub-par to that point and this was the icing on the cake (and if the cake was made at Jack's the icing would probably include walrus lard).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>